CHRIST POINT PURPOSE: POINT PEOPLE TO JESUS
We Point People to Jesus by Pursuing Our 4-Core Objectives:
ENCOUNTERING THE TRANSFORMING POWER OF THE WORD OF GOD
- Teaching the word of God is not an end itself but an essential way to point people to Jesus (John 5:39).
- Christ Point teaches the word of God in such a way that it enhances the believer’s relationship with the Father, Son
andHoly Spirit so that each person will experience greater heart transformation and alignment with God.
- Christ Point will aim to teach the word of God faithfully, on Sunday morning, to our attendees, in our small groups, to our students and children.
- Christ Point encourages everyone to engage in the personal study and practice of the word of God so that each person may personally encounter the transforming power of the word of God.
EXPERIENCING AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY
- To experience Jesus fully means to experience him in
community. Much like the human body, believers are interdependent parts of one another.
- Christ Point encourages each person to experience authentic community through Sunday morning worship, by becoming a part of a small group and by serving on teams.
- “Authentic” community means a journey toward transparency that emanates from the grace we have received, so we can freely share our joys, hurts, fears, sins and shortcomings. It means we extend this grace to others as we pray for each other, meet each other’s needs, and respect each other’s boundaries.
- “Authentic” means we do our best not to avoid difficult conversations, but with grace seek to courageously resolve our differences in a manner that would please Jesus.
ESTABLISHING A CULTURE OF JOYFUL SERVICE
- Joyful service emerges from a heart that is responding to God’s grace and love, a heart full of gratitude.
- Scripture teaches that we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ for good works (service) that God has prepared for each of us to do. Christ Point endeavors to establish and sustain a culture in which believers are encouraged to discover their God-given design and serve in areas that will both align with God’s purpose for their lives and God’s vision for Christ Point.
- Every ministry position at Christ Point carries considerable value and is indispensable to accomplishing the vision of Christ Point in the same way every part of the human body is crucial to its health.
- Christ Point will strive to build our serving ministry on biblical based principles, structure and processes to ensure the best fit and experience for those serving in any capacity and for the Christ Point community.
ENGAGING ALL PEOPLE
- Reaching the world means learning to engage the person in front of us. In order to point people to Jesus, we must first take
initiativeto engage those God has placed in our path.
- Christ Point encourages our people to take initiative in engaging those God has directed to attend Christ Point on Sunday mornings, both regular attendees and visitors.
engagingwe mean reaching out to all people to listen to them and learn their stories so that we can point them to a deeper relationship with Jesus or invite them to deeper involvement in our Christ Point community.
- We seek to engage those in our community, in our city, and in every area of the
worldGod has called us to serve with the gospel and teachings of Jesus Christ.